News and Statements
- The Kenya Mission would like to encourage all Kenyan living in Switzerland to register themselves with the Mission. It should be noted that only registered Kenyans will be eligible to vote during the general election.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE KENYA MISSION GENEVA
KENYA MISSION TO UN, GENEVA
Vacancy Announcement: Secretary/ Administrative Assistant- Trade Section
Date of Publication: 23rd April, 2015
Closing Date: 8th May, 2015
Contract type: Fixed Term Renewable Contract
Duration: One year
The Kenya Mission to the UN, Geneva would like to invite suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Secretary/ Administrative Assistant in the Trade Section. The Trade Section is responsible for the WTO, ITC, UNCTAD and other trade related matters.
- Should be of good character with no criminal record, legally resident and eligible to work in the Swiss Confederation.
- Should possess advanced training in secretarial studies.
- Should have a good command of English (oral and written). Knowledge of French (oral and written) would be an added advantage.
- Should be competent in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Should have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should have at least five (5) years working experience in a busy environment, preferably in an International Organization or Government.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Ambassador/Permanent Representative
Kenya Mission to the UN, Geneva
1-3, Avenue de la Paix,
THE MARCH 2015 DIASPORA INVESTMENT CONFERENCE
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Trade will host a Diaspora Investment Conference at the Windsor Golf Hotel & Country Club in Nairobi from 25th to 27th March, 2015. The theme of the Conference is Development and Innovation : Opportunities for Diaspora
The Conference will provide the Diaspora with an opportunity to interact and debate with policy makers, Private Sector players and all Kenyan Ambassadors/High Commissioners on issues that affect the Diaspora. Key issues such as Dual citizenship and General Electios will also be discussed.
Registration may be done online through the Diaspora webportal, www.diasporaportal.go.ke
OPERATING OF ACCOUNTS OVERSEAS BY PUBLIC OFFICERS
This is to inform that the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission has advised that all Public officers operating or wishing to operate bank accounts outside Kenya must seek the approval of the Commission . This requirement is in line with the provisions of Section 19 (4) of the Leadership and Integrity Act of 2012 and Gazette Notice No. 726 of 6/2/2015