SINGLE ENTRY VISA
Valid for 90 days from the date of issue (not the date you enter Kenya), but may be renewed for a further 90 days while in Kenya. Visitors must enter Kenya before the expiry date of the visa.
Tourist visa: for visits to Kenya which are not specifically for business purposes.
Business visa: for visits to Kenya for business purposes.
Investigating Settlement visa:
For a stay in Kenya which requires a work/ residence permit, even if it is for less than 90 days. Visitors who need to apply for this visa include students going for an internship; volunteers going to work foran NGO, school, orphanage, etc.; or Swiss diplomatic staff/EU personnel being posted to the Swiss Embassy/EU delegation in Nairobi.
This visa is gratis for holders of a diplomatic passport who are sent for posting.
The following documents are required for a single entry visa:
- Valid passport with three number of unused pages for endorsements abroad.
- Passport must be signed and valid for at least six months.
- VISA application form duly completed and signed by the applicant.
- One recent passport size photo attached to the application form.
- Valid round trip ticket or a letter from a travel agent certifying that the applicant holds prepaid arrangements.
- A self addressed stamped envelope for express mail, courier,registered mail. (this is a must for visa applications sent via the post)
- Home and work telephone numbers.
Valid for 72 hours. Visitors must enter Kenya before the expiry date of the visa. Required for visitors who leave the airport or seaport for the specific purpose of travelling to a third country (i.e. to await a connecting flight, to await boarding a cruise ship, or to travel overland to a neighbouring country). (The requirements are the same as for single entry).
MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA
Intended for regular visitors, particularly business people, who enter Kenya several times a year. Valid for 6 months or one year. The visa is issued by the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi, and can be applied for directly at the Ministry of Immigration in Nairobi. It can also be applied for through the Mission in Geneva, in which case processing takes 1-2 months.
Please note: visitors who travel to Tanzania,Uganda, Rwanda and/or Burundi from Kenya, and wish to enter Kenya a second time(without leaving the territory of the five countries), must apply for a SINGLE entry visa (tourist/business).
The following documents are required for a multiple entry (This documents should be in doubles)